Welcome to my website!
Since 1989 I have been building in my own workshop high-quality copies and newly-designed historical keyboard instruments from different countries, epochs and building traditions: harpsichords, clavichords, virginals and spinets. In my workshop each instrument is a handcrafted, unique specimen, built as a true replica of the original or according to the individual conception of the customer.
On these pages I would like to show you the instruments I build, my workshop in Remscheid-Lennep, the local region, myself, as well as my references. Should you have questions and are interested in your own instrument or want more detailed information about the instruments and specimens shown, don’t hesitate to contact me.
News on my website
- The navigation and design of the website have been optimized in many details.
- The design of the picture galleries on all pages has been revised and modernized.
- On many pages new images have been added or replaced.
- The whole section Instruments has been extensively restructured and redesigned.
- Two new harpsichords and two new spinets have been added to the section Italian Instruments.
- New artists and clients have been added to the page References.
(Just click onto any photo to view the gallery with larger images.)
Photos: © Volker Platte (except as noted otherwise)