Welcome to my website!
Since 1989 I have been building in my own workshop high-quality copies and newly-designed historical keyboard instruments from different countries, epochs and building traditions: harpsichords, clavichords, virginals and spinets. In my workshop each instrument is a handcrafted, unique specimen, built as a true replica of the original or according to the individual conception of the customer.
On these pages I would like to show you the instruments I build, my workshop in Remscheid-Lennep, the local region, myself, as well as my references. Should you have questions and are interested in your own instrument or want more detailed information about the instruments and specimens shown, don’t hesitate to contact me.
News on my website
- New artists and clients have been added to the page References.
- A new Baroque harpsichord was added to the section Italian Instruments (Nr. 07).
- The new menu item Concert Rental was added.
- Contact details and information on how to find us can now be found on the page Workshop.
- Two new harpsichords and two new spinets have been added to the section Italian Instruments.
- The whole section Instruments has been extensively restructured and redesigned.
(Just click onto any photo to view the gallery with larger images.)
Photos: © Volker Platte (except as noted otherwise)